Data Shows 90 Percent of Streams Go to the Top 1 Percent of Artists

If you were to take the more than 1.6 million artists who released music to streaming services in the past year and a half and ranked them by their total streams, you’d find that the top 16,000 of those artists pulled in 90 percent of the streams. And it doesn’t take more than a basic grasp of math to realize that this leaves 1.6 million artists with just 10 percent of the streams.

Source: Data Shows 90 Percent of Streams Go to the Top 1 Percent of Artists

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Get the latest RightsTech news and analysis delivered directly in your inbox every week
We respect your privacy.