BMG’s Masuch thinks the music industry is putting too much of its money in the wrong places.

Frontline investment is actually getting more aggressive than it ever did before, and yet if you look at some industry numbers, catalog is heading towards 70% market share on streams. It raises the question: why the hell is so much money being applied to that remaining 30% [i.e. frontline A&R]?

Source: Hartwig Masuch thinks the music industry is putting too much of its money in the wrong places.

Post a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Get the latest RightsTech news and analysis delivered directly in your inbox every week
We respect your privacy.